This week, we had a guest speaker visit our school. Jim Kenehan, who is part of a voluntary group in Kilcock promoting energy saving, came to our school and spoke to both 6th Classes. Jim also met with our Green school committees from both the Orange and Green Schools.
Here are some easy and practical ways we discovered we can save energy in our everyday lives:
- Boil a kettle for only the amount of water you need.
- Use a thermometer for checking the temperatures in the fridge- we were surprised to learn both fridges in our staff room were too hot!
- Use a radiator key to bleed the radiators.
- Buy a ‘Home Energy Saving Kit’ which are available for purchase in Kilcock library.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperatures in your room.
Here are some photos from our workshop.