Board of Management
A very capable Board of Management manages the school. The board is elected every 4 years and comprises of representatives of the Patron and the Trustees, 2 representatives from the parent body, a representative from the staff, the principal and 2 representatives of the local community.
The current Board of Management began its office on December 1st, 2015. The members of the Board of Management are:
- Bishop’s nominee and Chairperson: Elaine Mahon
- Bishop’s nominee: Fr John Brickley
- Community Representatives: Edith Nsubuga and Kevin Morley
- Parents’ Nominees: Maria Panza Connaughton and Fergal McGrath
- Staff Nominee: Máire Ní Dhálaigh
- Principal: Linda Daly
As well as being responsible for the running of the school, each Board member has also assumed a particular role:
- Linda is the day to day rep of the Board in the school and acts on the Board’s behalf;
- Maire is Health and Safety Liasion person;
- Fergal is the Board’s accountant;
- Maria is recording secretary;
- The Board wishes to continue forging our strong links to the Presentation Sisters: Edith is undertaking that role;
- Fr John liaises between the school and the many parish activities;
Elaine as Chairperson will guide us as we continue to provide high quality holistic education to all your children.
The key to our success is the great team that works in Scoil Chóca Naofa. Our staff includes the following people:
Principal Teacher: Breda Fay
Junior infants 1: Louise Grimes
Junior Infants 2: Máire Ní Dhálaigh
Senior Infants 1 : Annette Quinn
Senior Infants 2: Sheena Byrne
1st Class 1: Deirdre Shanley & Louise Goggin (job sharing)
1st Class 2: Clare Heffernan
Second Class 1: Ruth Heffernan
Second Class 2: Anne Wilson
Third Class 1: Carina Curran & Ann McCabe (job sharing)
Third Class 2: Ciara Barry
Fourth 1: Louise O Grady
Fourth 2: Ethan Bracken
Fifth/Sixth Class: Máire Diggin
Sixth Class: Laura Mahon
Síolta Class: Ríona Quinn
Learning Support / Resource Teachers/EAL Teacher: Bríd Sheil (DP), Máire Ní Loinn, Gemma Tone,
Special Needs Assistants: Ann Campion & Louise Griffin, Gráinne Martin, Irene O’Connor, Louise Scanlon, Graham Nairn & Hazel Murphy(temporary).
Secretary: Frances Fagan
Cleaners: Louise Kinnane, Gillian Duffy, Liz Coughlan.
Caretaker: Tommy Sims
Working together as a team makes Scoil Choca a wonderful place.