Board of Management
A very capable Board of Management manages the school. The board is elected every 4 years and comprises of representatives of the Patron and the Trustees, 2 representatives from the parent body, a representative from the staff, the principal and 2 representatives of the local community.
The current Board of Management began its office on December 1st, 2019. The members of the Board of Management are:
- Bishop’s nominee and Chairperson: Elaine Mahon
- Bishop’s nominee: Fr John Brickley
- Community Representatives: Edith Nsubuga and Martin Brady
- Parents’ Nominees: Siobhán Beggan and Fergal McGrath
- Staff Nominee: Ethan Bracken
- Principal: Linda Daly
As well as being responsible for the running of the school, each Board member has also assumed a particular role:
- Linda is the day to day rep of the Board in the school and acts on the Board’s behalf;
- Ethan is Health and Safety Liasion person;
- Fergal is the Board’s accountant;
- Siobhán is recording secretary;
- Martin will support the school needs re maintenance and improvements to buildings etc
- The Board wishes to continue forging our strong links to the Presentation Sisters: Edith is undertaking that role;
- Fr John liaises between the school and the many parish activities;
Elaine as Chairperson will guide us as we continue to provide high quality holistic education to all your children.
The key to our success is the great team that works in Scoil Chóca Naofa. Our staff includes the following people:
Principal Teacher: Linda Daly
Junior Infants 1: Louise Grimes
Junior Infants 2: Doireann Dunne
Senior Infants 1 : Róisín Meehan
Senior Infants 2: Sheena Byrne
1st Class 1: Annette Quinn & Louise Goggin (job sharing)
1st Class 2: Deirdre Shanley
Second Class 1: Louise O Grady
Second Class 2: Michelle Carr
Third Class: Ethan Bracken
Third/ Fourth Class : Orlaith Tierney
Fourth Class: May Smith
Bríd Sheil (DP), Gemma Tone(Denise Conboy Sub), Ann Mc Cabe/Carina Curran, Ruth Heffernan, Clare Heffernan, Anne Wilson, Máire Ní Dhálaigh.
Special Needs Assistants:
Ann Campion/Mary Snee, Gráinne Martin, Irene O’Connor, Louise Scanlon, Graham Nairn, Siobhan O Reilly, Lisa Sheridan, Bernadette Ryan, Susan Smith.
Secretaries: Frances Fagan/ Erin Morley
Cleaners: Louise Kinnane, Anne Tilbury, Sharon Byrne
Caretaker: Tommy Sims
Working together as a team makes Scoil Choca a wonderful place.